AAHEA is the individual membership organization that promotes research, collaboration, scholarship, best practices, evidence based research to move together into the era of increasingly digitized education. A leader in the transition from old norms to new standards for a new age. The association equips individuals and institutions committed to such changes with the knowledge they need to bring those changes about.
To pursue these aims, AAHEA:
- Envisions and articulates agendas for change.
- Contributes to the knowledge of a diverse group of leaders committed to the systemic, long-term, cost-effective improvement of American higher education.
- Provides forums in which individuals from a variety of positions and institutions, within and outside higher education, can engage in constructive conversations about difficult issues.
- Identifies and advocates practices that help individuals benefit from their differences and succeed in learning.
- Documents and promotes new concepts of scholarship, with particular emphasis on the nature of learning and the results of teaching.
- Helps institutions develop their capacities to make the organizational, pedagogical, and other changes needed to achieve their evolving missions.
- Collaborates with individuals and organizations engaged in similar work.
- Sets standards and oversees education
- Provides accreditation across the board
- The number one source worldwide for all higher education information